IMEMS is a member of the Australian Contaminated Land Consultants Association (ACLCA) with Paul Anderson a member of the ACLCA Ethics Committee. IMEMS is a member of CleanTech Industries Sunshine Coast, Paul Anderson is past treasurer (2013-2014) and now member of the Executive Committee chairing the Waste Subcommittee.
IMEMS staff are members of a number of industry relevant professional associations including:
- Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand.
- The Australian Society for Microbiology.
- Australian Society of Sugar Cane Technologists.
- Australian Land & Groundwater Association.
- Australian Water Association.
- Soil Science Australia.
- Society for Sustainability and Environmental Engineering.
- International Erosion Control Association Australasia.
- Queensland Environmental Law Association.